Thursday, September 11, 2008

At Peace in the Desert

Greetings all,

We have moved from coconuts and palm trees to scorpions and cacti. By the grace of God we are snuggly back in our Nevada home. We have been busy putting things in order, landscaping a little, and experiencing what it's like to be homeowners once again. It's kind of wonderful to enjoy this time of refreshing with each other and we are grateful to the Lord for His provision.

Our plan now is to rest and seek the Lord for the next step in life and in ministry. This October we will be heading up to our home church in Monterey for five days where Roger will speak, seek the counsel of the elders, and we will enjoy fellowship. We would appreciate your prayers for October 12 through 17th to be anointed in our lives.

All the e-mail we receive from the Philippines is so positive. We are more than willing to go back yearly or even semi-permanently if God so indicates. The need for church planting, discipleship, and praying for workers for the harvest field has never been greater.

Maranatha Lord Jesus. Thanks for your friendship and we look forward to sharing new adventures with you through this blog site. May God grant you peace even in stormy times.

With His love and grace,
Roger and Janet home in Manila

home in the desert

Manila landscape

desert landscape

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see you both & to hear of all that is on your heart. you both are an inspiration and example to me and to all who love you.
praying with you for the next chapter!
with much sisterly love,
terrie

Anonymous said...

Hello Kuya and Ate,
I enjoyed looking at the pictures - I think I am now struggling to recognize the faces and perhaps there are also so many new people too...But just the same, something stirs in the heart when I remember Calvary Chapel Manila. We are now attending Calvary Chapel Brisbane Australia...and also excited as we enter a new chapter in our lives. Thanks so much for your encouragement - and your example really inspires...praise be to God!!!

Justin and Erin McDonald said...

Hey guys we miss you and all the malling! We are glad to hear that you made it back safe and we are continuing to pray for God to make His will known for your lives. We are all good here not much to report, Joice will find out what kind of baby they will be having this week and Oh I met with a lady named Pat Ellis She said she knew you guys and I know her because I met her boys at Forest Home many years ago. Yet again what a small world! God Bless and keep us up to date your where abouts!